Re: Maintainers??

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 11:25:39AM +0200 or thereabouts, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> > Are you talking about maintainers according to bugzilla (ie, the
> > people listed as package owners there, or on the -maint alias);
> > or about the people in the MAINTAINERS file in the CVS module?
> >
> > The latter is something people are very bad at updating: there
> > have been more than a few "people, who maintains this? Everyone
> > in MAINTAINERS bounces" or "The MAINTAINERS file is empty" posts
> > on gnome-hackers over the years.
>
> Yeah, I meant the MAINTAINERS file in the cvs modules.
>
> Perhaps anyone on the <module-name>-maint email adressess
> should also be added to this file in cvs??

Messing with the MAINTAINERS file without the permission of
the actual module maintainer is one of those tricky political
bits of CVS. Some people (the same people who put things like
the Queen as the maintainer :)) say they're not too bothered.
Others like to be the only one(s) making changes anywhere in
there, and they can be quite irritated if someone else changes
things: particularly that file.

Telsa