Maintainers??

Hi,

On irc we just had a short discussion about a bug seemingly filed by a
maintainer. It seems too few source-trees have a maintainers file in
them. Is there another way to determine the maintainers for a package.

This kind of important especially for new bugsquatters, since they won't
know which bugs parameters could be safely ignored. Sometimes it is off
course very clear when the bug is assigned, but they not always are.

Does a current list of maintainers exist? If not could we get more
consistency by having Maintainer-files in every source tree.

-A.