Re: Maintainers??

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 01:14:42AM +0200 or thereabouts, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On irc we just had a short discussion about a bug seemingly filed by a
> maintainer. It seems too few source-trees have a maintainers file in
> them. Is there another way to determine the maintainers for a package.

Are you talking about maintainers according to bugzilla (ie, the
people listed as package owners there, or on the -maint alias);
or about the people in the MAINTAINERS file in the CVS module?

The latter is something people are very bad at updating: there
have been more than a few "people, who maintains this? Everyone
in MAINTAINERS bounces" or "The MAINTAINERS file is empty" posts
on gnome-hackers over the years.

(Similarly, many modules have no README.cvs-commits or HACKING
files.)

Or is there another maintainers file sort of thing, too? :)

Telsa