<sigh> I want keywords to make sense to someone other than me :/

I'm feeling like I've been sort of unclear on keyword meanings; I
apologize greatly for that. I'm still learning how to do this, so please
bear with me as I try to explain how bugzilla has worked (and hopefully
make the workings better with your help.)

A couple things (all from
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describekeywords.cgi):

bugsquad keyword is now defined like so:

        This keyword should be used by bug squad members to indicate
        that they've dealt with a bug. 'Dealing with' a bug means (at
        the very least) setting priority, severity, and applying the
        GNOMEVER keyword. If you're not a bugsquad member, join the list
        and ask first before applying this keyword.

Is this more clear than it used to be? Am I missing anything critically
important in the 'dealing with' description?

GNOMEVER2.3 is described as:

        Keyword that should be used for all bugs which are present in
        GNOME Version 2.3. At this point (the 2.1 development cycle)
        this should be used only for feature requests that cannot be
        added for 2.1/2.2 because of the feature freeze.

Is this clear? Someone mentioned in #bugs that the discussion yesterday
was a little confusing to them, which is my fault :/

TARGET*: This is still not well defined, I'm afraid. the way we used
these (or rather their equivalents) in the 2.0 development cycle was
basically something like 'this bug must be fixed before we can ship.'
The current description makes it sound like 'it would be nice', and some
people (no need to single them out, the fault is mine, not theirs) have
been using it like this.

To put it another way, during the 2.0 cycle:
*GNOME2 meant 'this bug exists in GNOME2.'
*priority of 'high/urgent/immediate' indicated 'this bug really, really
sucks'. This group was a subset of 'GNOME2' bugs.
*TARGET2.0.0 meant 'we can't release 2.0.0 until this is fixed or
explicitly punted.' [Note that as discipline fell off, TARGET2.0.3 was
meant to have this meaning but did not.] TARGET was a subset of GNOME2
bugs.

So, in current terms:
*GNOMEVER2.1 means 'this bug exists in GNOME2.1'
*TARGET2.2.0 means 'this bug is very high priority (as indicated in the
priority field) and effectively must be fixed before GNOME can ship
2.2.0'.

In light of this, I've updated the description as such:
TARGET2.2.0:

        Bugs that are considered showstoppers for GNOME2.2.0. Only bugs
        of 'high' or greater priority should be considered for this
        keyword. This keyword should only be set by the release team or
        senior bugsquad members- if a developer wishes to set their own
        milestones, they should use the 'target milestone' field for
        their component, /not/ this keyword.

Hope that's more clear.

Anyway, I'm off to eat dinner- I'm feeling very badly, because I feel
this is all waaaay to complex. So, please ponder how to make it simpler,
and we'll talk about that tomorrow too.