Re: <sigh> I want keywords to make sense to someone other than me :/

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 14:48, Luis Villa wrote:
> GNOMEVER2.3 is described as:
>
>         Keyword that should be used for all bugs which are present in
>         GNOME Version 2.3. At this point (the 2.1 development cycle)
>         this should be used only for feature requests that cannot be
>         added for 2.1/2.2 because of the feature freeze.

I think that this is confusing merely because it's counter-intuitive.
While GNOMEVER* usually means "present in version foo of GNOME," here
we're using a GNOMEVER keyword to say "this bug will *still* be
unimplemented in version foo, let's take a look at it then."  This is
the same problem we had when we marked 2.0 feature requests that hadn't
gotten implemented GNOMEVER2.1.

Doing this makes sense, but it's going to take people a little while to
get used to it, since it doesn't fit the heuristic most people are using
to set keywords.

Heath