Re: Gnome Outreach programme

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Nidhi Makhijani <nidhimj22 gmail com> wrote:
Hi

Hello Nidhi,

I am a third year , undergraduate student from Indian Institute of
Technology , Mandi (India) .I am interested in participating in the Gnome
Outreach programme for women and want to work on "Gnome-Boxes" . I have had
a previous experience in virtual systems(academic project in college) . I
want to further contribute in this open-source project  .

Cool.

It would be great if you'll could guide me and also being a new-comer what
in particular I should start working on .

You want to first build and run gnome-boxes from git repository. If
you use Fedora 20 (or any distro that ships GNOME 3.10), it should be
fairly easy to get that done. Otherwise, you probably want to rely on
jhbuild (which is something you'll probably want to do later anyway):
https://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild.

Once you are done w/ that, I can find you some simple bugs to fix that
will help you familiarize yourself with the code.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124