Re: To save or not to save

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
I don't know why that would work any differently cause guest will also
then move all its RAM to storage so if most of the RAM was swapped
out, in the end its the same thing, no?

If all guest memory is in RAM, what can we do? It needs to be freed or saved... No idea how qemu decide how much and which memory needs to be saved. We probably need to study in more details what happens during migration/saving... I am not sure the guest memory is all swapped out for instance. Sometime it would be nice to have qemu experts on the ML :)

--
Marc-André Lureau