Re: To save or not to save

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
Mostly just thinking aloud here (hence this email rather than patches
on bz)! Ideas?

So this saving from guest memory to disk involving eventually reading a lot from guest swap and writing back to a file on host disk, can we avoid it?

Can we just keep the guest swap the way it is? a bit like hibernate, so instead of swaping out and storing the whole guest memory to disk again, we would just ask the guest to swap in everything and that's it, ie hibernate? That wouldn't use the libvirt migration I guess, but something a bit different perhaps? Did we miss something?

--
Marc-André Lureau