Boxes on Mageia

I'm still attempting to get my jhbuild-on-opensuse working (still
getting the livbirt/qemu error), but on another machine I've installed
Mageia where Olav's great packaging effort makes installation so much
simpler.  Responding to assorted errors I've found I needed to install
libvirt-utils (and set up libvirtd to start automatically), as well as
qemu-img.  Now when I select an iso file, I seem to get stuck here:

Boxes-WARNING **: wizard.vala:136: Failed to create domain: unknown OS type hvm

A Debian DVD image lets me pick the Create button from the Properties
screen, but Fedora and openSUSE CD isos hang on the screen "Preparing
to create new box: Analyzing installer media."

Mike