Re: [gnome-boxes 2/2] Tweak the wizard UI some more

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Marc-André Lureau
<marcandre lureau gmail com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
> <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
>> <zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hmm.. Renders differently here:
>>>
>>> http://static.fi/~zeenix/tmp/boxes-maximized.png
>>> http://static.fi/~zeenix/tmp/boxes-unmaximized.png
>>>
>>>  Its hard to fix an issue that isn't reproducible :(
>>
>>  I am trying to update my jhbuild environment now in hope that this
>> is some recent gtk+ (or on some other layer) bug. However, since you
>> can't point out why my patch doesn't work for you and since it works
>> for me, should it be kept on hold?
>
> We already discussed that patch and the various flaws on irc:
>
> 14:32 <@elmarco> zeenix: I already looked, the is an issue with label
> justify, it doesn't stay on the left14:32 <@elmarco> zeenix:
> furtheermore, the right padding is wrong, and just too big, it doesn't
> look like https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/boxes/boxes-install2.1.png14:33
> <@elmarco> and the spacing between the top label and the widget is not
> equal14:33 <@elmarco> I would argue that there is a little bit too
> much spacing in what you added
> and you replied, but you didn't propose a better patch.

   You must be mixing our chat on today's patch and that of yesterday
cause my log says differently and that is your problem was what you
already said here in your first reply: labels are not getting left
justified for you. However, that issues doesn't exist on my machine
and moreover you continuously fail to point out what is exactly wrong
in my patch that can cause the problem you are seeing. That is why I
concluded that it must be a bug somewhere in lower layers.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124