Re: About usage of floppy with linux guests on gnome-boxes

Hi Lucas,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues <lmr redhat com> wrote:
>> On 12/02/2011 11:09 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>>>
>>>   I don't think mcopy does anything different than what you are doing.
>>> I'll try first to fix the size of template/empty image first.
>>> Hopefully that helps.
>>

>> By the way, this is what libmagic will tell us if you inspect a file created
>> with the procedure I mentioned:
>>
>> [lmr@freedom data]$ file myfloppy.img
>> myfloppy.img: DOS floppy 1440k, x86 hard disk boot sector
>>
>> Ah, much better :)
>
>   Done and it works now. :) Will send the patch to bz shortly and
> once ack'ed, i can push it.. Thanks so much!! This has caused me
> sleepless nights for so long. :(

  Bad news: While this fixed the windows xp issue, now Fedora doesn't
like the new floppy image. :( I guess we either try to get that
usb/cdrom method working for Fedora asap or use the older floppy image
for fedora.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)