Announcing Orca v2.23.92
- From: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Cc: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- Subject: Announcing Orca v2.23.92
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:21:30 -0400
Wow! This one came up fast after the last one. Many many thanks to
Joanmarie Diggs for burning the midnight oil on this release. She went
way above and beyond the call of duty. Joanie - you are AWESOME!
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.23.92 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.23.92 development
release and requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME
v2.23.92, including atk and gail.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.23.92?
Good stuff. :-)
2.23.92 - 08-Sep-2008
* Partial fix for bug #527022 - Linked text should be "underlined" in
braille in Firefox. The complexity of this space, however, has
caused us to table the braille underlining of links until the 2.26
release of GNOME.
* Fix for bug #550249 - configure doesn't use find bonobo python
* Much work toward the fix for bug #356041 - GNOME Help (yelp) is
inaccessible. Please note that access to Yelp is a work in
progress: on our end, and on the Yelp end, and may also require
the Mozilla guys to fix something on their end. As of today, in
order for the yelp script to work, you will need to build yelp --
after applying the patch attached to bug #545162. Many, many,
many thanks to Ginn Chen for that patch and for getting to the
bottom of a rather odd accesibility hierarchy.
* Fix for bug #515923 - 'Area' labels of Calc Headers/Footers dialog
not always announced.
* Fix for for bug #550137 - Presentation of table content in OOo
Writer is largely hosed and we're double-speaking paragraphs in OOo
* Fix for bug #551077 - Traceback and loss of speech in OOo
Writer docs with both links and multbyte characters on the
* Fix for bug #551159 - Orca says "link" when it shouldn't and
sometimes fails to say it when it should in OOo Writer documents.
* Fix for bug #541605 - updateBraille() can take an unreasonable
amount of time with certain pages in Firefox 3.
* Fix for bug #550873 - Some live region text updates are not
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
en_GB English/British David Lodge
hi Hindi Rajesh Ranjan
ja Japanese Takeshi Aihana
mai Maithili Sangeeta Kumari
pl Polish Piotr Leszczyński
pt Portuguese Duarte Loreto
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander
ta Tamil Tirumurthi Vasudevan
tr Turkish Baris Cicek
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.23.92 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
] [Thread Prev