Re: Java ATK Wrapper

Hi Peter,
I forgot to say that I went installing Java ATK Wrapper from source, cause the package in the repository
didn't seem to work, too.
I rarely use Java apps, and honestly I haven't had good results ever, but I started learning Java and I
wondered why a extremely simple app with a JFrame, a text field and a button refuses to work with Orca, even
after I setAccessibleDescription, setAccessibleName and so on.
So that's how I ended on that page.
I'll try copying the files manually to my $HOME directory, as you
describe, and I'll report if there's any difference.

 --
Best wishes,
Zahari

  Peter Vágner wrote:
Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 08:59:48AM +0200

   Hello,

   About a week ago I have also tried java atk wrapper with jdk8 on arch
   linux.

   It's still a work in progress PKGBUILD script I do have here because it
   installs some files into ~/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk/jre/lib/ i.e. into
   my home directory instead of system wide
   usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk/jre/lib/ .

   If I copy the files manually to the appropriate place I can't get
   SwingSet3 to work with orca it used to work about a year ago, so I am
   afraid there is something going on with either java atk wrapper on arch
   linux or java atk wrapper vs openjdk8.

   Here is my PKGBUILD script if anyone wishes to take a look at it and
   suggest improvements:
   [1]http://files.pvagner.tk/java-atk-wrapper-git.tar.gz

   I might also look how fedora is packaging java atk wrapper if I won't get
   a hint or I won't be able to figure this on my own.

   Greetings

   Peter