Re: premature announcement: speech bridge

Thanks for sharing your project with us, Eric.

> as I mentioned earlier, I was working on a tool to bridge speech recognition
> from Windows VM to drive a Linux environment. I now have something good
> enough for plaintext dictation.  You can find it on git-hub
> https://github.com/alsoeric/speechbridge

Now that I've looked at your project a little closer, I see you are using python. At-spi has python bindings that you could use to query window/focus state etc, and Orca being in python is likely your best reference.

This python library is called pyatspi and it's available on git.gnome.org.[1] Also, you may find "at-spi2-examples" useful. It includes a small set of python listener example scripts.[2]