Re: alt+tab in gnome-shell

Hi.

On 11/13/2012 09:26 AM, Piñeiro wrote:
On 11/12/2012 08:12 PM, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Using gnome-shell 3.6 with orca, I observed the following behavior.

When I press alt+tab and the application presented has more than one
window, orca announces the name of the application followed by
colapsed followed by expanded.

This is because when the alt+tab appears, it appears initially collapsed
but after some delay it expands it.

I know that there is a delay before the switch is expanded, 500 ms.

Is it possible to increase this delay?

Taking into account that you found a way to do that, I guess that your
questions is if there is a "formal" way to do that. AFAIK, there isn't.
yes, this is the question.

I edited the file /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/altTab.js to increase
the value of variable THUMBNAIL_POPUP_TIME from 500 to 3000.

Now I have a delay between the collapsed and expanded messages and I
can press tab before the switch is expanded.

One question: I guess that you do that in order to avoid so many
messages when you are iterating one the alt+tab switcher. So I'm
wondering if what you want is increasing the delay, or just avoid this
popup-with-delay behaviour, and just let the user to expand the item
using the arrow keys.

Avoid so many messages when I am iterating in the alt+tab switcher.
Thanks.

BR

--
{}S José Vilmar Estácio de Souza