Re: Request for Assistance Finding FLOSS Speech Recognition Software

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for responding! Here is what Joe says in response:

"That sounds good. This is the best thing I 've heard about, because of the flexibility. I don't really understand what he meant. It wasn't clear to me if he meant that you would have to add programming code of if he just meant you have to train everything. I 'm not even going to try to get it to understand words at this point -- I just want to do the alphabet. Anyway, I'll just download it and see how it works. I might try both the Spanish and the English to see if one works better than the other."

I (this is Meg speaking again) am currently working on GNOME through Google Summer of Code. I will see if I can help Joe get started when I am done with GSoC. Thanks very much for the information, Peter. I will contact you when he gets started.

Meg Ford

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Peter Grasch <grasch simon-listens org> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012, 05:00:36 schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
> Not sure if this is useful, but there is an effort to collect voice
> samples for use in speech-to-text engines.  Voxforge.org
>
> I have no idea how active or successful the project is.
Voxforges aim is to collect samples from "representative" speakers of a
language to model a general speech model. While the effort is very commendable
and important, it doesn't really help here - except maybe as a base for an
adapted model but even there I'd doubt it would yield better results than a
model built from scratch with the adaption set used as the trainings corpus.

Best regards,
Peter