Re: Request for Assistance Finding FLOSS Speech Recognition Software

Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012, 05:00:36 schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
> Not sure if this is useful, but there is an effort to collect voice
> samples for use in speech-to-text engines.  Voxforge.org
>
> I have no idea how active or successful the project is.
Voxforges aim is to collect samples from "representative" speakers of a
language to model a general speech model. While the effort is very commendable
and important, it doesn't really help here - except maybe as a base for an
adapted model but even there I'd doubt it would yield better results than a
model built from scratch with the adaption set used as the trainings corpus.

Best regards,
Peter