Re: FW: Vinux 3.2.1

Hi,
On Mo, Jul 11, 2011 at 06:28:20 +0000, Tony Sales wrote:
> Halim, I would be happy to try that out if you could explain how to do
> it and what advantages it offers...

The advantage is that you can run speech-dispatcher in system mode using
eg. the stable libao output driver together with your prefered
Consolescreenreader.

you can also run pulseaudio in your desktop session if it uses dmix
plugin of alsa.
However, the pulseaudio developers don't recommend it as well like pa
system mode.

in default.pa you must load the modules manualy not using autodetection.

load-module module-alsa-sink device=dmix

That's all.

I am using pulse this way and it works :-).
HTH.
Halim