Re: Unity Update

From: Penelope Stowe <pstowe gmail com>

Hi Penelope

> Since it's listed as an agenda item for today's meeting, but I know I
> can't make it and I'm fairly certain Luke can't either, I figured I'd
> e-mail out a quick Unity update. I'm sure there's stuff in here that's
> being repeated, but I'd rather repeat than leave something out.

I was the one that added this item (reasons below)

> As far as things that are not a11y related, but generally are of
> interest to people go, Unity has now been ported to Compiz and the
> Compiz version of Unity is availible in a PPA for Natty. I've also
> been told that a PPA of Compiz Unity backported to Maverick will be
> available soon.
>
> On the a11y front, keyboard navigation is due out with Alpha 1 on
> December 7th. As far as I've been told, things are on track for that,
> but I will also double check on it.
>
> As far as the actual Unity framework, Luke has been working on getting
> a firm understanding of everything he needs to know about ATK. He
> plans to start working on prototype code in the next week or so. The
> framework is due into Unity by Alpha 2 which is February 2, 2011.
>
> I think that's all I have for now. Don't hesitate to ask if you have
> any questions!

Thanks for all these update. But the reason I added this item was
because the other day, lamalex (Alex Launi), started to ask questions
on the #a11y channel related to at-spi and atk, as he was thinking on
the best approach related to implement atk support for a toolkit
called nux, now in use on Unity due the switch to Compiz.

So, I added the item to make questions like:

  * Now the a11y group on Unity increases to two people?
  * It is permanent?
  * Any other thing to say?
  * etc

BR