Re: Important: If you need a travel sponsorship from the Foundation for AEGIS, you must apply now!

API, Joseph, all,

I have one missing piece: the cost of attending the conference.  Since
I would be going as a Speaker, I *think* I would have to register.
Looking over the registration page
(http://www.aegis-conference.eu/pages/register.html), my best guess is
I qualify as a "... researchers, developers ...", wherein the fee is
161 euros.
This is a good question, I didn't realize it. In other kind of
conferences the speakers are not required to pay to register
themselves, but not sure here.

I have confirmed that GNOME Hackfest attendees may attend the conference at the "student" rate of "€54 (including 8% tax)" (see http://aegis-conference.eu/pages/register.html). Still working out the precise mechanism by which folks will indicate this (e.g. something like "GNOME" in the Student ID Number field; or a "blessed" list conveyed to them by me/Joanie/API).

So for folks who are wanting to attend the conference as well as the hackfest, plan on spending €54 to do so. Note: this applies even if you are giving a paper. Note that CSUN, among other conferences, does require payment for folks giving papers (though often at a somewhat reduced rate).

Regards,

Peter