Re: [Accessibility] Re: [Kde-accessibility] focus tracking

Joseph Scheuhammer <clown utoronto ca> wrote:

> I don't actually know the mechanics of how Orca is doing focus
> tracking and setting -- I haven't looked at the code.  I've just
> seen it work, and it seems to work well.  Can you explain this
> difficulty?

It's deeply integrated into the Orca scripts specific to applications. While
it could be abstracted, I assume this would involve writing separate extension
modules per application or using a distinctive API that Orca script writers
might not see as desirable extra complexity.

Also, I don't understand what problem you're trying to solve. Magnification
relies on Orca now to provide focus details; what practical problem does this
introduce, and might there be other ways of solving it that don't involve
separating out code and functionality in the proposed way?