Re: [Accessibility] Re: [Kde-accessibility] focus tracking

Joseph Scheuhammer <clown utoronto ca> wrote:

> In closing, here is something of a proposal:  the machinery that
> Orca uses to track keyboard focus is not inherent to a screen
> reader.  Other processes could well make use of Orca's focus
> tracking machinery.  It would be very useful if these heuristics
> could be carved out of Orca and published as a separate module,
> library, or service that any process could make use of.

One of the difficulties here, I think, is that Orca sometimes controls the
focus; it doesn't simply monitor it. The leading example is in the Orca
scripts for Mozilla, where caret movement is controlled by the Python code in
Orca to work around limitations in Gecko.