Re: Using the Java ATK Wrapper with Orca... again

Ke,

Do we have an env to set to print out all the debug info when running from command line? At least we can print sth. when JAW is loaded, and where it tried to find the .so file, etc.

Thanks,
Harry

Ke Wang wrote:
Ke Wang wrote:
Hi,

I think the problem is that JAW could not find the so library file.
The so file will be installed into ($prefix)/lib/. You should keep this path in the system's library path.
So you should probably specify /usr/lib as the prefix while configuring.
Sorry, I meant /usr as prefix here.

Regards,

Ke
Feel free to let me know if there is any problem.

Regards,

Ke

Paul Hunt wrote:
Hello list,

A while ago I posted a question about using the Java ATK Wrapper to provide access to Java swing apps with Orca.

Thanks to those who responded.

I still cannot seem to get Orca to provide access to swing applications and am hoping someone on this list can help? I have a Java exam coming up soon which will require me to write several Java classes including a GUI built with swing and I would much rather use Orca on Ubuntu than Windows.

Here is what I have done;

Downloaded the ATK wrapper (version 0.28.0) from the gnome ftp site, Extracted the archive, ran;

./configure --prefix=/usr/share/gnome-2.0 JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

The example in the installation instructions suggest /opt/gnome-2.0 for the prefix but the only place I have a gnome-2.0 folder is in /usr/share. the JAVA_HOME folder is definitley correct.

Anyway the build seems to go ok although there are plenty of warnings from the C compiler. I get no errors when I try to run a swing application but Orca just says "inaccessible" when I switch to a running Java program.

Is there something more I need to do? I'd be very grateful for any help.

Paul