ANNOUNCE: Mono Accessibility 2.0 unleashed!

Hey hey,

Today, I'm proud to announce the 2.0 release of the Mono Accessibility
project.  Spanning a year of intensive work and fixing over 500 bugs,
this is truly our best release ever.

This release enables all types of users to access System.Windows.Forms
and Silverlight applications from Linux using Orca and other ATK-based
Assistive Technologies (ATs), as well as access Linux applications from
UI Automation (UIA) based ATs.

What's changed since version 1.0?
=====================================

Added:
 * UI Automation provider support for Moonlight
 * UI Automation to ATK bridge for Moonlight to allow Moonlight
applications to be accessed by Linux ATs
 * Complete implementation of the UI Automation Client API, facilitating
access to System.Windows.Forms, ATK-based applications and Silverlight
controls for UI Automation Clients.

What is Mono Accessibility:
=====================================

The Mono Accessibility project enables Winforms and Silverlight
applications to be fully accessible on Linux, and allows Assistive
Technologies (ATs) like screen readers and test automation tools that
depend on UI Automation APIs to work on Linux.

Mono Accessibility is released under the MIT/X11 license.

Get it!
=====================================

Mono Accessibility is available for a variety of Linux distributions,
including:

  * openSUSE 11.2 - 1-Click Install
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono:/UIA/openSUSE_11.2/mono-uia.ymp

  * Ubuntu Karmic Koala - Package Archive on Launchpad
    https://edge.launchpad.net/~mono-a11y/+archive/ppa

  * Fedora 12 - Repository on openSUSE Build Service
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono:/UIA:/Fedora/Fedora_12/

  * Source tarballs
    http://mono-a11y.org/releases/2.0/sources/

A Note About at-spi2
=====================================

Accessing GTK+ applications with the UIA Client API requires the most
recent development version of the new dbus-based at-spi2, which is known
to cause system instability.

In Fedora, at-spi2 repeatedly causes GDM to segfault. If you do not need
this feature, do not install the latest at-spi2 and atk, or our packages
which depend on them, which are at-spi-sharp and AtspiUiaSource.

We are working hard to identify these issues and hope to aid the GNOME
Accessibility Team in stabilizing at-spi2 in the near future.

Find out more

Navigate to http://mono-project.com/Accessibility for all the latest
information, and ways to contact us.