speech-dispatcher audio output using gstreamer (idea)

Hi,

This could be my crazyest idea ever but I'd like to propose it and know
the pros and cons of it.

Since orca would enevitably switch to speech-dispatcher for it's speech
output and speech-dispatcher audio code, at least for pulseaudio, is a
bit bad, how about switching to gstreamer for outputing audio? I don't
know if gstreamer is suitable to such high real-time requirements but at
least most of the audio stuff is already done... And implementing some
king of recording speech and so one is trivial.

What do you all think? Sorry if it is stuppid...

Best regards,

Rui Batista
Rui Batista
E-mail/googletalk: ruiandrebatista (at) gmail (dot) com
MSN/WLM: ruiandrebatista (at) hotmail (dot) com (don't send mail to this
on)
Skype: ruiandrebatista
twitter: http://twitter.com/ragb
weblog: http://outputstream.wordpress.com