Help:Java-ATK-Wrapper

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install the Java ATK Wrapper 0.28 on Ubuntu 9.10 (or 9.04)  working with sun-java6-jdk, but I'm in trouble and I hope someone can help me.

I've downloaded the JAW from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/java-atk-wrapper/ and I've followed the instructions in INSTALL.txt.

After the ./configure command, the terminal had the following message:

checking for JAW... configure: error: Package requirements (

atk      >= 1.17.0

     glib-2.0

     gthread-2.0

     gmodule-2.0

     gdk-2.0

) were not met:

No package 'atk' found

No package 'glib-2.0' found

No package 'gthread-2.0' found

No package 'gmodule-2.0' found

No package 'gdk-2.0' found

So I downloaded the package libatspi-dev (is this the right package?), then I ran

. / configure --prefix=/usr/share/gnome-2.0 JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

sudo make

sudo make install

and the installation seemed to have been completed successfully, but Orca does not read any Java demo application and the terminal does not display any error message!

What's missing?

What can I do?

Thanks

Maria Teresa