Re: AT-SPI: Associating X11 Window with Accessible object?

Does atk_component_get_mdi_zorder () which is implemented for GtkWindow help?

Padraig

On 01/29/09 11:25, Andrew Shu wrote:
I am working on a program that needs to know when one window is obscuring another. I know I can use either Xlib XQueryTree() or something in libwnck to find the window stack ordering, since ATK doesn't seem to have info about whether a window is being blocked.

Also I know that this way of determining if they are being obscured is not completely foolproof even if I compare the component bounds. But that's fine for what I'm doing.

My issue then, is how to associate the Xwin Window id with some Accessible object. Is there a mapping to go between them easily? I couldn't find one, so I may resort to something like matching up the window titles & coordinates.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew Shu