Re: AT-SPI: Associating X11 Window with Accessible object?

2009/1/29 Andrew Shu <talklittle gmail com>:
> I am working on a program that needs to know when one window is obscuring
> another. I know I can use either Xlib XQueryTree() or something in libwnck
> to find the window stack ordering, since ATK doesn't seem to have info about
> whether a window is being blocked.
>
> Also I know that this way of determining if they are being obscured is not
> completely foolproof even if I compare the component bounds. But that's fine
> for what I'm doing.
>
> My issue then, is how to associate the Xwin Window id with some Accessible
> object. Is there a mapping to go between them easily? I couldn't find one,
> so I may resort to something like matching up the window titles &
> coordinates.
>
> Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Andrew

This may not tell you any more than you already know but
getAccessibleAtPoint and related functions may help

Take a look at Accerciser's _inspectUnderMouse and _getChildAccAtCoords
http://www.koders.com/python/fid8F2A47CCB9FACC23867491E2BC6729B8EFCDCB2F.aspx?s=_inspectUnderMouse#L25

There was a thread about these issues recently on the mozilla
accessibility mail list, dev-accessibility lists mozilla org,

--
Steve Lee
Open Source Assistive Technology Software and Accessibility