Re: Text reader

I might be biased, but I think gedit + orca might offer more features. ;-) Alternatively, if you're looking to write something new, you might try hooking up with various people working on DAISY Book readers. There are a few projects going on in this space right now, and I'm sure they would welcome capable help.

Will