Re: screencasts - license

Steve Lee wrote:
Thanks Brian, I see a lot of the CC BY-SA and it seems the closest to
Open Source copyleft for non-software. BY looks closest to a liberal,
BSD style licence. PD means you effectively waive all copyright and
any one can do anything with and I would usually prefer something that
keeps works in the public 'commons' .

However as the important thing is to spread the word PD is probably OK.

It would be fine to also use the following:

Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

The advantage of this license is that the "Share Alike" ensures that
any changes made to the video remain with the same license.

But, a simple public domain license would probably also be fine.

Brian