Re: Award for GOPA

Woo hoo!  Way to go gnome-accessibility folks!  This is really exciting
news and makes all of our hard work worthwhile.

What it is also showing is that we're becoming much more tightly
integrated with the mainstream developer community.  This is key to our
future.  That is, we have two choices:  1) the intractable status quo,
which is the continual frustrating reactive work to figure out how to
make new technologies accessible while also chasing constant
regressions, or 2) ingraining accessible design in the minds of
mainstream developers.

GOPA is helping us accomplish #2, and we're already seeing it with
people such as the gnome-session and gdm folks reaching out for
accessible design ideas for the gnome-session and gdm rewrites.  This is
a very positive shift, and I'm loving it.  One day, we'll reach that
tipping point where accessible design is just a natural part of
everyone's thought process.

Will