Re: GNOME A11y: where do we need to improve? (Want input by 25-Jan)

Hi Francesco:

My goal for this exercise is to hear what the community thinks is the most important stuff to get done. As I see with the Orca project, having end users directly involved in the decision making process makes a world of difference in the outcome. Without this, we can sometimes end up in a situation where the architecture drives the user experience and not the other way around. We can also end up in a situation where resources are misdirected towards a snazzy demo while sorely needed gaps remain unfilled.

In addition, I think it's also important for the community to know how the decisions were made, especially because their voice can influence the decisions. So, thanks to active people like yourself, opinions are coming in.

Will

Francesco Fumanti wrote:
Hello,

Please don't get me wrong: In my previous post quoted below I did not
want to say anything about the importance of the point about "having
an onscreen keyboard that is more efficient for the users that..."

I only wanted to say that it is a need that exists and that has been
proposed in the GetInvolved page; thus it should be considered, even
if at the end it does not belong into the top ten.

By the way, what criteria do you intend to apply to establish the top
ten list? Does it not depend on the resources available (a coder is
not a documentation writer)? I assume there are things that need only
little work while others need much work; the assistive technology
needed by visually impaired users is probably not much related to
that used by mobility impaired users,...

Best regards

Francesco