What is the proper way of launching Speech Dispatcher?

Hello,

I'd like to ask if placing a .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart/
is the right way to start Speech Dispatcher for gnome session.
I'm sending a proposed desktop file in the attachment.

How can one coordinate the startup sequence of services like
Speech Dispatcher and Pulse Audio who all belong to level
Initialization? Clearly, Speech Dispatcher must be started after
Pulse Audio is already up and running.

What does the ''order'' column mean in the gnome-session-properties
application and where is this number stored accross sessions?

Is ~/.profile the proper place to set the associated environment
variable SPEECHD_PORT? Or is there some place (gconf?) where
environment variables for the whole session can be set without
a need to modify an existing file?

Thank you for clarifications,
Hynek