Re: What is the proper way of launching Speech Dispatcher?

Hi.  I haven't seen any reply to your message.  In my case, I used system preferences sessions to add the command to start speech-dispatcher.
It created a speech-dispatcher.desktop file in .config/autostart.  The table in the dialog seems to be displayed in the order of startup.  I added the entry for speech-dispatcher after the entry for pulseaudio and that seems to work.
The speech-dispatcher.desktop file is an xml file with no info on start order, so I don't know how the session manager determines order.
Since I no longer use the text console, the copy of speech-dispatcher in my Gnome session is the only one running on the system, so I didn't try to change the defrault port.

          Kenny