Re: ubuntu amd story: what a difference a version upgrade makes

Congratulations! Some speech is better than none.  I wasn't aware that
gnopernicus was still being developed.  Have you tried orca yet?

I upgraded my ubuntu this afternoonusing aptitude, and now it won't boot
<grin>.  It
can't find my root filesystem even though I specified root=/dev/hdb2
on teh boot line in
the grub menu.

Getting the gui accessibility to work is a hit or miss proposition.
Anyway, glad you had some success.

Chris