Re: [g-a-devel] Status of IBM a11y

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:26:52PM +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> In the 5-year timeframe I think a move to dbus makes sense. However, to
> do this, dbus needs to grow. If these sorts of extensions to dbus are
> deemed undesirable by the dbus team, another technology could of course
> be considered.

If Gnome, KDE and other projects are making the transition anyway, then all
they need to do is commit to implementation of the accessibility support as
part of the release requirements, and to providing the development effort to
make this happen. Of course, this applies whether dbus is the chosen
technology or not; the point is that the accessibility infrastructure is a
non-optional part of the environment, and hence any transition of this kind
needs to include it.