Re: [g-a-devel] Status of IBM a11y

Ariel Rios wrote:
I am not very familiar with the ATK/AT-SPI implementations but I am
aware that these implementations are not compatible with the KDE
architecture, and a general move to DBUS has been often mentioned.
The GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initative could be the opportunity to
implement ATK / AT-SPI over DBUS and finaly offer a general solution.
Please be aware that moving into dbus might be a very hard task.
Currently GNOME has a working a11y architecture while KDE has none. Do
we want to move to an non existant architecture from one that works
actually really well?

That is the risk of moving things forward.

Maintaining functionality on top of an aging framework that everyone else is migrating away from (seeing this in a 5 year perspective, say) will also be hard. The difference is there is no real reward from that kind of effort.

Henrik