Re: [g-a-devel] Status of IBM a11y

Le lundi 04 juin 2007 �1:08 -0400, Jacob Beauregard a �it :
> The problem to drawing interest to
> accessibility would be to promote technology in a sense that it will not only
> help disabled users, but also be something that anyone would use.

Yes, I share this idea also.

It would be great if most of the users were naturally attracted by
accessibility features.

Embedded devices offer a practical exploratory realm for this approach:
for example, eyes-free mobiles for all could benefit to visually
impaired users. These constrained environments will also lead to less
resource hungry solutions.

I am not very familiar with the ATK/AT-SPI implementations but I am
aware that these implementations are not compatible with the KDE
architecture, and a general move to DBUS has been often mentioned.
The GNOME Mobile & Embedded Initative could be the opportunity to
implement ATK / AT-SPI over DBUS and finaly offer a general solution.

Gilles

--
Oralux.org http://association.oralux.org