Re: Multilingual synthesis

Peter Parente writes:
> > Maybe this is related, maybe not. There was a SoC project last year
> > "guessing language component" for OpenOffice. For example see
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/dev lingucomponent openoffice org/msg00958.html
>
> There's also the universal encoding detector
> (http://chardet.feedparser.org/) based on code in Mozilla. Reusing the
> code makes sense where the license permits.

But we should'nt be leaving this to huristic guessing technology. I've
just raised this in our ODF A11y Wg. If we need ml, I'm sure we'll be
able to add that for ODF 1.2 and beyond.

--

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina a11y org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina a11y org
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org