Re: Forming an Accessibility Steering Committee

David Bolter wrote:
Gilles Casse wrote:
Peter Parente wrote:
A custom navigation app could make use of
either for stepping through directions en route.
The Neo1973 (OpenMoko) is also another possible platform. I have recently integrated on the Neo, Navit (navigation software) with speech feedback (Speech-dispatcher + espeak). The Neo (still in development) includes a GPS.

OpenMoko:
http://openmoko.org

Navit:
http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Main_Page

Cool.

Yes!

The site says this is for car navigation. I imagine it is just a matter of resolution/timing to make this work for pedestrian movement?

I tested this yesterday as pedestrian with relatively good success: the destination was reached but sometimes the orders were contradictory. So yes, they could perhaps have to add a specific profile for pedestrian.

Best regards,

Gilles

--
Oralux.org http://association.oralux.org