Re: gdm is not starting the at-spi registry daemon.

Hi David,

We changed the way of starting at-spi-registryd in gnome 2.18. When
gnome-session is started, it tries to start at-spi-registryd by
g_spawn_async if A11Y support is enabled. When at-spi-registryd is
started, it sets its IOR to XDefaultRootWindow as a property.
gnome-session listens to this change to find if at-spi-registryd is
started successfully. If gnome-session does not hear any change of
property in 5 seconds, it will popup an error dialog.

There are some reasons that can cause the error dialog popup. Sometimes
X can not pass the signal to gnome-session in time (normally happens
after user killed X and login again). If you meet the error dialog every
time, maybe because at-spi-registryd is not located at the place that
gnome-session thinks (you can try to build gnome-session with
"--with-at-spi-registryd-directory" option).

Regards,
Li

在 2007-08-05日的 12:06 -0700,David Csercsics写道: