Re: A couple of OpenOffice questions

Hi Krister.

No need to apologize for the "newbiish questions."  Heck, I'm figuring
this stuff out as I go along.  I think many of us are.

Yes I would uninstall your current OOo first.  When I installed OOo
2.0.4 RC1 this was not necessary.  However, on another machine, I just
tried installing 2.0.3 from openoffice.org over the 2.0.3 that comes
with Edgy and wound up with some broken packages. <frown>

So uninstall what you have first.  Also install fakeroot and alien.

Then download the installer from openoffice.org and extract it.  CD into
the RPMs directory of the extracted files.  Then:

1. fakeroot alien -d *.rpm
2. wait <smile> the above takes a while
3. sudo dpkg -i *.deb
4. cd desktop-integration
5. sudo dpkg -i *.deb

That should do it.  Nothing needed fetching.

Good luck and take care.
Joanie