RE: default synthesiser and multiple languages

Hi to all
Michael, one of the speech synthesizer that Orca screen reader can use is
the free/open source Festival speech synthesis TTS.
In Festival you can use differents voices, including a spanish one called
el.diphone.
If you are using Debian or Ubuntu distribution you can install the spanish
language support in Festival by getting the festvox-ellpc11k package
(apt-get install festvox-ellpc11k).
Hope this help!

Saludos,

Javier.