edgy not booting into live

I have tried to boot the desktop CD for Edgy to try it out only I can't get into the live Ubuntu to see how accessable it is. I tried those keystrokes to disable the Splash screen but I still don't get sound. I tried the F6, End key, left Arrow 4 times, Backspace 7 times, hit enter but it is still churning away. The only thing I can think of is that I maybe pressing the wrong Backspace key. Am I supposed to press the big key above enter or the bottom left key of the row of 6 that are separated by a space from the main keyboard and the numeric keypad?
I am trying Edgy on my desktop.