Re: [henrik ubuntu com: Re: still can't boot edgy!!!]

Keith Watson wrote:
Anyway, my first reply asked for clarification on this. I would like to know exactly how to disable the splash on the edgy cd. I have not had good luck with this on 2 out of the 3 Dell systems that I am attempting to run it on.
On the first boot menu of the Live CD you can press F6 to access the boot commands. Remove the word 'splash' from that line (sorry this part isn't spoken).

I did cheat and got sighted assistance to install dapper and then upgraded to edgy with a dist-upgrade. I must say that I am thoroughly pleased with what I am seeing. I have a few issues, like nautilus not keeping the focus tracking well. But hey if that's all i can complain about it's got to be good.

Cool! I'm sure the nautilus developers will be receptive to a bug report about it :)

Henrik