compiling or obtaining gnome-speech; also festival and orca on debian
- From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak charter net>
- To: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: compiling or obtaining gnome-speech; also festival and orca on debian
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:18:19 -0500
These two issues may be related so I'm discussing them both in the
1. I can't get the version of gnome-speech recommended for orca to
compile on my debian unstable system. It hangs after checking for
javac and responding "yes" in the configure. Does anybody know what
might be the cause for this and is there an up-to-date version of
gnome-speech in debian unstable. I can only find a libgnomespeech in
debian which I have installed but i'm not sure that's up-to-date and
am not clear as to whether that corresponds to gnome-speech..
2. While I can get orca to work with brltty on my system, I can't get
orca to use festival though festival does work from the command line.
In fact, the only choices the orca setup show me do not even include
festival. They do include the software version of dectalk which I
used to have but I lost that and the upgrade link fonix gave me no
longer appears to work. So I need to use festival but am I missing
some package or missing some step that allows orca setup to list
festival as an option? I'm very happy to have brltty working but
would still like to have speech work also.
"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also".
] [Thread Prev