Re: harmonizing on-screen keyboard progress

There's some previous thoughts on this over at mozilla accessibility

http://tinyurl.com/ye683x

Steve Lee

On 10/25/06, Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik ubuntu com> wrote:
David Bolter wrote:
> Henrik, All,
>
> Hi. I'm just wondering if it might be helpful for everyone involved or
> interested in free/open-source on-screen keyboard (or alternative input
> software) development to get together in one place or on one phone call
> to educate each other on our plans and ideas for best serving our users.

Hi David,

I think that's a great idea. We have three different projects with
similar goals but very different approaches, GOK, SAW and onBoard.

It would be great cherry pick features from those and either work on
some common code or at least try to find some synergies.

I'll set up a wiki page where we can list what we know about the
different approaches and future goals. If those interested in
participating would sign up there we can look for a mode of
communication next (the oats team had a fancy web-cam conference recently).

Henrik

--
-- Steve Lee
www.fullmeasure.co.uk