Re: Linux desktop accessibility demo - which programs should I install

Eduardo Trápani wrote:
Hi,

I'll talking about accessibility in general and I would love to show a (more or less) working linux desktop solution for blind people since everybody I know uses Jaws/Windows :(.

What should I install to be able to show that? Gnome, KDE, it does not matter as long as it works and is stable enough to show it working.

I am not objective WRT to this question, but I will nonetheless point out that if you download the latest Ubuntu Live CD from here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ (called 'desktop') you will be able to try it with Orca and Festival pre-installed (English only). Press F5 at the first boot screen to choose from different accessibility features.

Henrik