Re: lsr-0.3.0 and speech-dispatcher

Hi Tomas,

I apologize for the offense caused by the poor grammar and vagueness
of my message. I wasn't suggesting that the bug was in Speech
Dispatcher, but in the LSR module that interfaces with Speech
Dispatcher (which is exactly where the bug existed). I didn't even
realize it until now, but the word "support" is missing from my
original message. It should have read:

"Thanks for trying speech dispatcher with LSR. The module is pretty
rough around the edges since Speech Dispatcher support is still under heavy
development. You've likely encountered a bug."

What a difference a word makes!

Again, my apologies to the Speech Dispatcher project and the users on
the mailing list for any confusion I might have caused. Please keep up
the good work on Speech Dispatcher.

Regards,
Pete

On 10/11/06, Tomas Cerha <cerha brailcom org> wrote:
Peter Parente napsal(a):
> Thanks for trying speech dispatcher with LSR. The module is pretty
> rough around the edges since Speech Dispatcher is still under heavy
> development. You've likely encountered a bug.

Hello Peter,

I have to object strongly.  I don't think it was your intention, but
please consider, that you may hurt other project by such a proclamation.

Speech Dispatcher is not under heavy development for quite some time
now.  What was under development lately is just the Python interface
library, but even there we were keeping the backwards compatibility very
strictly.

We're definitely open to discuss any (even potential) problems in our
software and we never pretended it is perfect, but I think one should be
 very carefull when making judgments about other peoples work in public.

I'm sorry I had to say that.  Anyway, I wish you a good luck with the
LSR project.  To me it seems technologically very promising.

Best regards, Tomas.