Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Hello Will,
Many thanks for that info. So if I want to use Firefox I have to use either Gnopernicus or textbased Internet?
Many thanks,
Christian

On 2006-11-02 at 09:10 Willie Walker wrote:

Hi Christian:

Firefox is not ready for compelling access yet.  You can kind of limp
along many web pages using Orca with Firefox 2, but it's not anything
I'd call great.

We're are currently working closely with the Firefox team and are
targeting the Firefox 3 release as means to provide compelling access to
the web using Orca.  Interim releases will be available between now and
the Firefox 3 release (currently looks like Spring '07).  If all goes
well, this will coincide nicely with the GNOME 2.18 release.

For braille, if you run BrlTTY and have BrlAPI installed on your
machine, Orca should hopefully just find it and use it.  If it doesn't,
you may need to make sure braille support is enabled in the Orca
preferences.

Hope this helps,

Will